Monday, March 1, 2010

I MADE IT HOME!



Well after much trepidation over airport assistance, temp cast issues on the plane, 4 70lb luggage check in, upgrade - need for elevation, etcetc. I made it HOME. 24 hours later.

My last day - SNIFFLE.
Becks brought me brunch, after our last game of sequence and a teary goodbye. Caity picked me up, took me to the junction for some final errands, lizzy met us there and help get me sorted and to the airport. IT ALL WORKED OUT. grabbed a bite to eat and off I went. V australia pushed me to the gate and I was first on. Got a great greeting and personal staff to help me to the seat. I was wheeled to the plane and crutch it to the back, where they gave me a whole row of seats so I could elevate.

I was worried how my ears would do, my ankle expanding and sending a bloody clot to my death. The plane was brand new, I played pac man on the take off, with several drinks I was relaxed. I HATE flying.

When I got to LA, they had someone assigned to me. He was super nice. I was worried about the connection only being 2.5 hrs but he took me to the front of every line - customs and getting my luggages from international and to Alaska.

I got to the next flight early. Since I was stuck literally - could go to the bathroom as I couldnt crutch and carry my carry-on. So i asked to hop an earlier flight and got on! Everyone was so nice and helpful. THANK GOD!
I was wheeled out and to my folks - we were in tears. what a great Reunion - i was sooo happy.
Ready to be home, taken care of and heal!

My folks have been great. And I am healing now! See slide show below
Its just so crazy how immobility effects you. You cant do anything, i mean getting on the toilet is hard, showering is impossible, getting something to eat...nope. I got to the Doc ASAP and I will be here healing for some time!
Everything happens for a reason - sometimes the reason is not known and I accept that. I have such an appreciate for handicapped people now and immobility. Watching time go by and a bone heal has tested my patients, acceptance and overall me. I had to pull out of a trip that One I didnt get my $$ back and 2 I have been planning for over a year. China, Borneo, Singapore, Vietnam and Thailand.....but health is more important. I have good friends - THANKS lizzy who helped me see this.
Maybe if I could walk and drive I wouldve died in a car accident while here...you never know why things happen but they do. And they could always be worse. people keep saying "what bad timing" But i respond what is good timing? I mean really...think about it. It was right when i was going home and what better place to be broken at....a place where mom and dad can help fix me. Which they have. thank god for my family and friends! i feel blessed in every way....
Soaking in da 2 5 3 - it hasnt been easy. Definitely been sad and trying to stay positive. But I am prepping for London now, the bone seems to be healing! EUROPE here i come!!!! May 2010!



This is my parents new House, took many drives, spend many night playing sequence and bingo, eating out and in. I think i watched every show and movie possible. Read books, played Sudoko and got shit done for my next move. see slide show below











No comments: