Monday, May 17, 2010

First day of work....check

Well the must anticipated first day of school arrived....and its all good as I knew it would be. But it is always nerve racking isnt it?! I just set up shop and started getting downloaded on my new clients. I will be working on one client that I know inside and out - worked on them before (cant disclose yet as this blog is so public I am sure it would get out...not). However just being cautious as the client doesnt know yet.

Starwood hotels is my other big client. Lots to learn here but eager to get my brain moving again as 3 months off makes me need some intellectual work.

Office is big, open, lots of people. I was impressed with the structure, process but typically slow start was expected (no computer, etc). As expected this is a mix between the States and the Aussie market in terms of work ethic, market size, etc. It will be a challenge. Lots more resources as well which is exciting.
I am positive going into day 2....ready for routine, healthy living (need to lose this "broken ankel weight" as i call it) and starting life :)

No comments: