Friday, May 14, 2010

I made it to London Town

The last few days at home flew - family time, packing and tearful goodbyes. The flight was soo smooth and was only 9 hours. I got in feeling a little sick and tired - the cab was LONG as there was so much traffic. And they cabs are so funny looking - like little top hats, will post pics soon.

I arrived, met Megan who has helped in so many ways...i owe her. sooo sweet. i saw my new flat which is big and cute! so central london.

I showered and crashed. woke up to meet my new flatmate and watch some tv. This will be my first roommate ever, i think it will be ok. the place is good, easy, he is never home and we have a weekly cleaner which is amazing.

After a nights sleep in I headed out, walked around, got on the infamous tube system...to the Marble Arch where I got on the double decker city tour. got to see all the spots - Big Ben, London Eye, London Bridge, financial district, buckingham palace, etcetc. Oh and I got a phone - good to get connect again. Oxford street is nuts....so many people in london! I met up with Jenn and Conrad at the Slaughtered lamb for drinks and dinner- i work with her in Seattle. Was so good to see a familar face!!

ok first impressions - London is flat! the old buildings mixed with new is very cool, so much history, people people people, the emergency vehicles are funky sounding, and have neon yellow squares (reached by triple 9 not 911, not 000 as in australia) with only blue lights...no red. Massive, not a lot of trees/birds at least where i am now, churches and pubs on every corner...

The jet lag is pretty bad, just sleeping and relaxing until I start work very soon. I was going to head to paris for a few days but decided to take it easy. feeling a cold looming.
Exploring st pauls cathedral and to notting hill today. Everything going well thus far...pics to come soon.

No comments: