Sunday, February 21, 2010

Moving Out - Life Changed....a bit


After crazy weeks of preparation, throwing away, nerves around leaving, excitement....a ball of emotions... this was my last weekend in my apartment.

After girls brunch, i moved my stuff to Kristens with the help of becks, lizzy and K. I had cleaners in and while they did their deed I had drinks at revisis with deke and becks...

Then lizzy met up with us at South Bondi RSL. Becks and I were spending the night together to celebrate my bday as she was outta town last weekend. We were going to the out door theater with Take Away din and New Moon. However Jen met me at my house to move my last suitcase...I was RUSHING as i felt bad inconviencing her and I was trying to get to the movie.

The last suitcase just wouldnt move down the stairs, I got in front of it (BIG mistake), yanked it and it came down on me! I feel down the stairs and heard my ankle POP.

The rest is history. Jen rushed me to ER - my god their medical system sucks. Even Jen, an aussie whos dad is a Doc, couldnt believe the nightmare. No communication, we were just left in random places...then one doc waved me over, um dickhead i cant walk!! then after 2 sets of zrays, several docs and getting a temp caste twice...from a doc that never put on on, we were off. Or so we thought. The ER was on locked down due to a crazy. 1am we just sat in the waiting room. However they didnt bother to tell us there is a backdoor way out. ANNOYED.
After getting some pizza, crawling up Jens stairs, we come home to a cockroach infrested place (sorry Jen, she is NOT dirty and never had this before). It was terrible hot with no air con. Lets just say i didnt sleep, pain, bugs, sweating.... let the nightmare begin!

I didnt work the last week. Several peeps seemed annoyed but believe me I would give anything not to have this happen! However I was very positive and now everything happens for a reason. Jen is my lifesaver - she is my aussie sister but she went way above, taking care of me and helping mentally and physically.

I was bummed as this obviously changes everything - my last week I didnt get to go my fav places to say goodbye, the parties, the last work things, and what about my big world trip I have been planning for a year. I just stayed strong, get home in one piece, let mom and dad take care of me - health is number 1! "Bring it on life, Ill see your lemon and raise you some tequila and salt!"

I went back the hospital a few more times to confirm the Talus Dome is broke! Jen got me into work one day to do Hand Over things - however after struggling to get in, they tell me I have to get out of the building!! WHAT - i mean it was very very hard to get there and I had no where to go! I cried and they let me stay (pretending i wasnt there).

We headed to Dr Pongs for one of my going away parties. So hard to say Goodbye! Change is hard. I love all these people, places and its sad to just uproot again. But very exciting at the same time (see going away pics in another post).

This is the view from becks studio!!

























No comments: