Tuesday, April 20, 2010

from craziness, to slowing down, to europe

It was a crazy last 6 months - lots of travel to get in before I left, my dad visited, Kim visited, the holidays, and the MOVE. I finally updated my blog with all the pictures and everything. how annoying it is. might do something different to document London.


In 6 months i did heaps of travels, funny when time is limited it gives you the get-up-and-go that you need. I went to Alice Springs - center of Oz, the west coast to Perth and Margaret River, up to the Great Barrier Reef to Hamilton Island, tourist stuff with dad and uncle john, fiji for Becks 30th, 2.5 weeks all over New Zealand for xmas and new years... prepping for the travels and move!!

World wind to say the least....
I was super excited to go home, to have almost 3 months off, I got a great job in London, but bitter sweet as I am leaving Sydney. I cant believe I broke my ankle one week prior to leaving and didnt do any of my travels. But i did enjoy slowing down and doing nothing. Movies, reading, family time and acceptance. I planned that trip for SO long but i know i will get to do it. And I will do heaps of travels in Europe. I lost out on several plane tickets and my vietnam trip was non transferable non refundable. Gecko tours didnt even give me a discount on my next trip or a % off. Like I get it is in their T&C's but come one. BIG lesson = ALWAYS get both health and travel insurance!!!

I got a great job in our London Razorfish office as an Account Director. Will be working on some great big accounts. A friend works in the office - Megan who is incredible sweet and helping me. I will be taking over her apartment which sounds great and central. My first time with a roomie - crazy.

2 goals/things i will do right away in London besides work, travel, meet people and enjoy life. Volunteer Work and Online Dating...

No comments: