Monday, December 17, 2007

I'm Coming HOME - 3 days!!!



I am pretty excited as I will be flying home on Friday. I am not looking forward to the flight thats forsure!! It is going to be a packed flight. I have been working way too much lately - we really need to get some more people in the office and some more structure... at this point i am playing the role of what 4 people in the states would do...we all are just working too much!!

Been doing lots of fun things lately - as you can see from all my pictures I post...trying to keep on it! I have been trying all kinds of food - had my first full on Indian food experience, yum! I still cant believe how expensive everything is...still a 6 pack of Corona for $20....a good case for $50, just crazy!! You kind of just become immune to it after awhile and learn where to go / what to buy.... other than that still learning a lot about the culture and their views about Americans....it tends to be the topic of conversation.... Everyday I learn more about the Aussie slang and shortening of everything. It is also interesting about how they refer and view the country people of Oz - so the Westies are anyone outside the city and are the butt of a lot of jokes. This show called Kath and Kim plays on the accent/lifestyle of the Aussie hicks - its a great show, good laughs... But there are some thick accents that the show plays on "Ohhh my gawwwd" :) I really do not hear the accents too much now, just normal.
OH and it is not Z but rather" Zed", H is "heych".
I can not wait to be home, get a sense of familiarity, know where to go, understand everything, use regular money....home sweet home!! I cant wait to see my family, my cat, my ollie, friends, and hear some country music at the good ole Little Red Hen.
Happy Holidays!! I will be back to posting after my trip!!

No comments: