Thursday, November 13, 2008

Melbourne Cup, Cocktail Class and Rudd Concert



November 4th - Melbourne Cup Day - The Tuesday an entire country shuts down at 11am...gets frocked up, drinks and bets on the horses....

Did a fresh flower fascinator - hard but smelled good all day.


















EllloDie














Jen getting some tips in between the champagne and full spread of gourmet food.



















we love our tempest boys - they hosted the day. How cute are they!!















I dont just pick one - strategy pick them all in some variation and I will win one way or another...and i did!! broke even










A sea of suits a sea of opportunity - my motto for the day....why oh why












After party - I LOVE my team...partay!!















Same week - um big drinking week! We learned how to make cocktails at the Cruise Bar in the Circular Quay - great view of the opera house. Amazing little night - unexpectedly!
The host was great - so informative and humorous. Totally learned SO much - how to spot a good margarita maker...all about the salt and the sugar water! A good barman - acknowledges you, starts the drink in the glass, uses the metal shaker over his shoulder with 5 quick shakes... whiskey - OH there is so much. Um scotch is just whiskey from scotland, Southern Comfort is a Peach liquore NOT whiskey. I could go on and go. The class was followed with a full big course meal. YUM.


THANKS jodes - Drive hosted us. I had to behave as I moved to BONDI BEACH the next afternoon. I had to pack that night. Which anyone who knows me knows that is alot of shit to get together...why do I accumulate so much stuff.






























Xavier Rudd Concert night. So much fun - such a good night. Not too big. He is an amazing artist that is basically a one man band. great intimate venue
Last night in my city pad - I had a moment.


































No comments: