Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Back in Oz

I flew back on Friday Jan 4 - loooong flight (24 hours each way from take off to landing). It was a bumpy trip back. I had a wonderful trip home. It was very exciting but nerve racking to make that trip again by myself...but I was stoked to be away from work!! not to think about online advertising for a few days was so nice and a much needed break from banners.

It was an adventurous flight - the couple next to me thought they were in a hotel room or something...annoying. I had a 5 hour layover in LA in which I met a nice guy from Seattle - got some drinks in before the next leg :) I did not sleep much so pretty much in a daze but in total vacation mode. I slept the whole flight to Seattle....ran off the plane to see my folks! So happy to see them!!

Hard to adjust to the time - didnt sleep too well during the trip, but did plenty of relaxing, hanging with family..so good to be home. It felt like I never left. My cat (Cooners) did not want anything to do with me, I thought she would see me and run to me in sheer joy...she looked at me, hissed and ran....it took several days for her to get over her anger, it was so hard to leave her again!!

It was nice to drive Ollie!! I thought I would get confused with which side of the rode to drive on but not yet....so Ollie got sick and broke down on my only trip to Seattle. Yep - good times. I went back into the office so weird but good at the same time. I def dont miss going there everyday....so quiet and just been there done that... Got to see some co workers, friends, hit Fados for Drinks...I do wish I could have spent more time with everyone!! It just goes so fast! Well everyone will just have to come visit down under...hint hint Rose, Andrea, Kim, Cathy, Matthew, Jackie, Emily, etc etc...

I did TONS of shopping, played some heated BINGO with mom...love it! My Best Friend was able to Fly in from Texas - I miss you Jackie!! We decided after this chapter of my life we must figure out a way to live in the same state...

It was good to get the sense of familiarity and see everything again. However, it was almost too soon I think....it was hard to leave again and coming back was hard....roller coaster of emotions, adjusting and getting back to the stress of work. Its all good now as I am planning on so many fun things soon; jazz festival this weekend, zoo on Friday, snorkeling on Sunday, etc.

Well to end the trip I have to tell the latest luggage saga... got home late Friday and crashed. When unpacking on Saturday I noticed a notification in my Luggage being searched randomly before going on the plane....not surprised I always get the random checks....but later in the day I went to find my Coach Purse which I packed in the suitcase (Empty) because I got a new one...dumb me to think my suitcase is safe and the contents will come back to me as I packed them. Nope - gone. I have been dealing with logging complaints and the formally request for investigations. It is just BS to have to go through this - I feel violated with no freaking rights... URGH. any who - hopefully after their 6 month "investigation" I will be reimbursed...i just want that bag...URGH.

Posting pics from my trip next :)

No comments: