Thursday, February 14, 2008

My Bday Adventures - Emily Arrives

Another year older another year wiser so they say...this year I just felt like another year closer to 30! Scary to think but as I always tell people age is just an arbitrary number put on time. It is what you make it...

Emily visits!! Arriving the day before my bday it was great to have a flat mate for a few weeks and good to have a familiar face around my birthday.

First night - dinner and drinks with Kristen and Sean in Surry Hills.




Happy Valentines Day - bday lunch drinks at the local pub - good ole Lord Roberts followed by a little Big Buck Hunter Action...love it! Undefeated still!










My client sent me a beautiful bouquet - I love feeling so special and the team got cup cakes too. yum.
Typical Kai pic below - the old Ave A crew would know about these shots, always in the back drop doing some kind of silly pose.



















Time to go out on the town - busy night with a bunch of love birds in the air. We went to Circular Quay for the Opera House and Harbor Bridge views. After a 2 hour wait for food in a completely dead place we really were not keen to make too big of a night. Em sore I would be dancing on the table before the end of the night...unfortunately not, sorry no good stories here.



Ice bar below - was going to check this out but it is a tourist trap. For a ridiculous cost to enter an empty bar we opted out - there was a window you could peak into so I got my fix. Everything is made of ice - the bar, the cups, the floor, etc. you are only aloud to be in there an 30 minutes.


















Time to fly to Cains - 4 days off!! Getting ready to fly - lots of double vodka orange juice to start the day.


Beautiful coastal views from the airplane.









The view from our balcony - lots of tropical rain forest.









5 start luxury - the only way to roll! Em did a good job hooking up the holiday for the accommodations!



















It was the off season so there was no one around - nice and chill time. Our hotel was the only one with beach access.
































We ran straight into the water for some photos. Right after we started to noticed the large Jellies in the water and on the beach. Yup Jelly season - and they are pretty deadly as is everything is Australia.






















There were designated places on the beach to swim - roped off so we tested it out. When the Lifeguard, and dont picture a hot aussie blonde life guard running baywatch style towards us, a rather dorkie guy strolls our way to ask us if we were stinging anywhere.....what we thought was just an itch from the salty water was actually a sting. We had to be sprayed w/ something to take away the irritation. Lucky me, I was stung on my bum...the life guard thought it was just a cheap way for me to pick him up..no it was a good laugh.
I guess the deadly Jelly Fish are only the size of your pinky nail so we wont be in the water again without full body protection.


Cute little shop area on the beach - everything closed super early and didnt open til late in the morning.















Yummy coconut - on our walk to hunt for wild kangaroo I found my first natural coconut, photo opp.




















After some pizza in town we ended our first night early with a walk home in a flash flood and I had to jump in the hotel lobby fountain for yet another photo opp.




















Emily in the lobby way - beautiful floral arrangement - wide open space, very tropical feel.







No comments: