Friday, February 29, 2008

1st Blue Mountians Trip - Caving

I've wanted to go the Blue Mountains so i did :) instead of waiting for someone I decided to venture out. It is a 2 hour train ride - i talked to some friends that mentioned the Jenolan Caves. I booked an adventure cave not really knowing what that entailed. The train stops in the quaint town of Katumba and the tour bus continue to the caves for another almost 2 hours.

I went on the Plughole tour - cave map on the left. After seeing some intense pics in the office I got a bit panic about what I was in for.

Cave Entrance:


Serious gear - feeling pretty legit. Had to abseil down a 30 ft Cliff - with a 5 second showing of what that means, I happened to be first in line.


















I did it! Traversed that cliff - like what.



That hole my head is sticking through for the picture is the same one my body has to come thru...




























It is not "yield" but "give way"

















Echo Point is where the famous 3 sisters are - great place, very peaceful with lots of hiking trails around.

Poetic moment/time out:
Past and present so many people have been in places we are now - in the midst and oceans their presence is there but not always recognized. The wind and waves looks the same but its always different. All bringing individual "peace".





















It was amazing to finally be here - I remember seeing Jimmy W's and Kai pics from this place and now I am here!
















Walking around here was relaxing - i remembered how much I like the mountains - very Natchez -esk. I found this lovely butterfly that posed for me - had a moment here. I was prepping for a huge presentation Monday morning and for anyone that knows me I dont have the confidence in this arena. 4 hour preso - well I was glad to be here on Sunday (after working all day friday night and Saturday) - got my mind off of it. BTW i rocked it :)















They say the Southern Hemisphere has bluer skies than the northern - I'd say it is pretty blue huh!
















The blue mountains get the name from the Eucalyptus Tree(lots of varieties of these one is the Gum trees shown on the left) - they give off a oil in the heat that radiates and appears as a blue haze. Same tree leaves the Koala eat and get high (and no it doesnt have the same effect on humans - rather deadly).










I love rock hunting - hobby that I dont necessary think sounds as cool as it is fun...for me. Found this heart shaped one, especially cool right after valentines day



Hiked a few to this falls - I didnt realize until my next trip this was the cascades to the actual falls.
Kookaburra Bird - very cute and nice song. I love all the birds here - I will upload some videos and more pics from another Blue Mountains trip. So alive here.


















No comments: