Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving Down Under

Potluck Thanksgiving at Jodes and Kai's place - with other Americans we could round up plus a few Aussies. It was frustrating trying to get all the ingredients as I had to go to 3 different "grocery" stores, there is no customer service in the stores and lots of people that just stand in the isle and forgot that saying "excuse me" is a universal necessary thing....urgh. I cooked my dads famous baked beans, my spinach dip (piecing together ingredients) and Nannie's Bohemian dumplings... we had a full spread and had a great time. Aussie's have not had pumpkin pie but we had a lot of other good desserts.





















Happy Birthday to Kai!!







Off to another big night out! Road sodas on our adventure to Coogie beach party, ventured into the Hotel Bar and ran into a bunch more weird men....there are some creepy ones but that happens anywhere in the world I guess.





In my experience the Vegas of Australia is Kings Cross - signature Coke Sign below. The party goes all night, there are tons of good dance clubs and crazy people dressed to the nine. We dance for hours to good tunes - finally something other than House/Electronic stuff...























No comments: